Summer Red Lentil and Marrow Soup Vlog
This video is about ingredients use to make the above soup and what it actually looks like before being added to the pot.
Preparation & Cooking Time: 2 1/2 – 3 hours Cover: 35 -40
- 0.90 kg chopped onion
- 1.00 kg grated carrots
- 1.50 kg diced marrow
- 0.02 kg chopped parsley
- 0.50 kg grated swede
- 0.50 diced swede
- 14 gluten free Knorr vegetable cubes (or equivalent)
- 0.01 kg olive oil (or vegetable oil)
- 1.00 kg chopped celery
- 1.50 kg dried red lentil (washed)
- 6 L boiling water
- Place a large pot on the cooker and add the oil. Warm gently and add the chopped onion, celery, and parsley and mix well. Allow to sweat for 10 – 15 minutes until the onion starts to look transparent. Remember to mix the vegetables intermittently so as to avoid burning the onion.
- Add the vegetables and the lentil to the pot. Use 2 L of boiling water and dissolve the stock cubes in a plastic jug or bowl. Add to the pot then place another 2 L and mix the ingredients together. Allow to come to the boil then turn down the heat and allow to simmer for 35 -45 minutes. Keep mixing the soup to avoid lentil sticking to the bottom of the pot.
- Remove from heat and serve hot with freshly made bread rolls.