Fred’s Winter Soup with Spinach and Aubergine.
[Preparation Time: 2-2 1/2 hours] [Cover: 35-40]
- 0.50 kg chopped Spinach
- 0.45 kg chopped aubergine (with heart containing seeds removed)
- 1.50 kg diced potato
- 1.00 kg diced sweet potato
- 1.30 kg chopped carrot
- 0.75 kg chopped cabbage
- 0.25 kg chopped romaine lettuce
- 0.70 kg chopped courgette
- 0.10 kg chopped turnip
- 0.05 kg chopped parsley
- 0.01 kg vegetable oil
- 20 gluten free chicken stock cubes
- 7 litres boiling water
- pinch of salt
- 1.00 kg chopped onion
- 0.01 kg chopped basil
- 1.05 kg chopped cauliflower
- In a large pot heat the vegetable oil then add the chopped onion, aubergine, basil and parsley. Sweat for 10-15 minutes until onion start to look transparent.
- Add the diced potatoes, chopped courgette, turnip, and cauliflower. Add 2 litres of boiling water and incorporated the ingredients well.
- Use 2 litres of boiling water to dissolve the stock cubes in a large plastic bowl. Add the stock to the pot and bring to the boil and reduce the heat. Allow it to simmer for 25-30 minutes before adding the chopped cabbage and lettuce. Add another 2 litres of boiling water and mix well. Correct to taste by adding a little salt if required.
- After another 10 minutes add the chopped spinach and cook for another 5 minutes before removing from the heat.
- Serve soup with bread and enjoy the winter taste.