We are a Musselburgh base organisation that seeks to make the best of food products by recycling products. That is we collect food donated to us and run cooking classes using some of them then share the finish delicacies with various service users here and in parts of Edinburgh.
MISSION STATEMENT, VALUES & PRINCIPLES
To recycle fresh food that retailers and donors cannot sell through cooking classes into meals on wheels, soup kitchen meals, ans as food bank parcels. We seek to reach services users in East Lothian and parts of Edinburgh through referrals.
“No one in Scotland, in the 21st century, should suffer from extreme poverty due to age, illness or any such circumstances. We are here to help anyone in need, who has fallen on hard times or through holes in social security net” (Thought for 2017)
TO USE COOKING CLASSES TO:-
- Educate service users in basic food and nutrition
- To improve in life through a healthy diet.
- To bring people together to reduce isolation.
- To teach those with food allergies how they can enjoy cooking food.
- We are all just people irrespective of face, culture, gender, religion, or nationality.
- To assist those in need in anyway we can, to the best of our abilities.
- To promote health, wellbeing, equality, love, friendship, community, sociability and goodwill to all.
- Peaceful co-existence
- Equality, tolerance, and fairness
- Non-political agendas
- Non-discriminatory practices
The Highland Code of Hospitality – You welcome any strangers or clansmen into your home if they sought a meal, lodging, or help.
OUR 21ST CENTURY VERSION OF THIS TRADITION
To welcome everyone into our circle of friends. We extend a helping hand, food, and assistance to one and all.
Check out when our next Cook-Inn class is and make a reservation to be a part of this great local initiative. Contact us for more details.